Today we are serving up a healthy recipe for pizza - English Muffin Mini Pizzas!
While these english muffin mini pizzas won't fully replace the pizza pie from your favorite pizzeria, - the one that arrives at your door and requires no effort on your part aside from ordering it - they WILL help rid you of your pizza craving and they are a fun lunch for little ones. Your children can help you complete many of the steps and even decide what toppings will go on their pizzas. How fun!
What You Need
Pizza sauce (my recipe for homemade pizza sauce can be found here )
Cheese of choice (mozzarella is the popular choice for pizza)
Pepperoni (optional - I use the natural kind with no preservatives)
Additional pizza toppings you/your family enjoy (optional)
1. Cut english muffins in half. Each half will be one mini pizza, so this will help you figure out how many you need for your family. I eat 2, Mike eats 3, and Brynn usually eats 1, so I'm covered if I cut up 6 english muffins.
2. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Grate your cheese and prepare your toppings.
4. Once the oven is ready, place english muffin halves on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Keep an eye on them and cook until slightly crispy/golden (about 2 - 5 minutes).
5. Remove from the oven. If you're going to let the little ones help dress the pizzas, allow them to cool before the next step.
6. Spread pizza sauce over muffin halves.
7. Follow with cheese and additional toppings of choice. Feel free to cover with more cheese, the sky is the limit for your pizzas!
8. Place back on the baking sheet and into the oven again. Bake until the cheese has fully melted (another 2 - 5 minutes usually).
These are a huge hit in our house and I bet they will be in yours too!
~ Misty Blue of the Us & Him Blog