I love to make chicken nuggets now and then. They're yummy and they're easy to make, which is imperative for me when days are busy and get away from me! Did you know that you can make and bake chicken bites at home that are lean and good for you? You can! Baking chicken bites is healthier than frying and also safer than using hot oil, which could spatter. A chicken bite is made of the meat from a chicken breast. Older little ones can help by coating the chicken bites and/or placing them on the baking sheet.
What You Need
2 boneless chicken breasts
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tablespoon of honey
2 cups of cornflakes, finely crushed (I used corn chips with chia seeds - you could really use anything crunchy!)
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Cut chicken into pieces or strips, about an inch thick.
3. In a shallow dish, mix the egg and honey. In another dish, stir together cornflake crumbs and pepper.
4. Dip chicken strips fully into the egg/honey mixture, then roll them in the crumb mixture and fully coat. Arrange the coated pieces on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. Bake for 8 - 12 minutes, or until outsides are golden and chicken is no longer pink.
6. While your chicken bites are cooking, make a honey mustard dipping sauce by mixing mayonnaise, garlic, honey and mustard in a small bowl. Or serve with your favorite barbecue sauce.
7. Allow chicken bites to cool, then serve and enjoy!
~ Misty Blue of the Us & Him Blog