This week's craft in our National Craft Month series focuses on a fun sensory activity using materials found in nature. Our crafty contributor, Lindsay, from You are the Roots blog gives you all the details:
- Clothespins or small clips
What you will do:
1. Collect your clothespins or any small clips. These will serve as the base of your paint brushes.
2. Go on a nature walk! This is a great opportunity for kids to be able to explore the world around them.
3. Collect your natural materials: leaves, weeds, flowers, sticks all make great paintbrushes.
4. Assemble your paint brushes using your clothespins/clips and your natural materials -- and then get busy!
It's a wonderful opportunity for children to explore the outdoors as well as uncover different textures!