Hi! I'm Stephanie from Oh So Delicioso and we are excited to be sharing some yummy seafood recipes with y'all this month! We're a group of gals who share this food lifestyle blog and do all sorts of food (indulgent and clean recipes), holidays, tips and techniques, and lots of kid-friendly meals as there are 14 1/2 little ones between the 5 of us!
I was honestly shocked that my 3-year-old gobbled up salmon the first time I made it for him. A whole new world! I've since cooked different fish several different ways for him, and he has yet to refuse it. I think starting them young is key. Today I'm sharing a baked fish sticks recipe. It's simple, easy, and most importantly, was eaten by my 4-year-old and 1 1/2-year-old. I asked him if he wanted ketchup, and I quote: "No, mom! That would be silly, these doesn't need ketchup." Well carry on, little one. Carry on...
Baked Parmesan Fish Sticks
1 lb white fish (tilapia, cod, even mahi mahi), cut into strips
1 c flour
1/4 c milk
2 c panko bread crumbs
1/2 c parmesan cheese
several sprigs fresh dill, chopped
1 t salt
1/2 t garlic powder
cooking oil spray (coconut or canola oil)
1. Prepare three different bowls. The first with the flour, in the second whisk the eggs and the milk, and the third combine the remaining ingredients.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil, ,preheat oven to 425 degrees.
3. Dip each fish strip into flour to coat, then the whisked egg and milk mixture, then last into the panko crumbs and parmesan mixture. Place on baking sheet. Continue until all fish strips have been dredged.
4. Spray each strip generously with cooking oil (I used coconut). Gently flip each strip over with tongs and spray other side.
5. Bake 10-15 minutes, or until light golden brown. Remove from oven and serve with Goat Cheese Dill Dipping Sauce.
Goat Cheese Dill Dipping Sauce
4 oz. goat cheese
2 T plain greek yogurt or mayonnaise
several sprigs dill, chopped
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 t dill pickle relish
salt to taste (1/8-1/4 t)
1. Soften goat cheese in microwave about 15 seconds. Mix in remaining ingredients. Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.