This recipe is a little bit involved but the result is really nice and perfect for yourself or as a gift! It also makes a TON so you could easily cut it in half and still have plenty of bath fizzies to use.
- 1 3/4 cup Baking Soda
- 2 cups Cornstarch
- 1 cup Citric Acid (We found ours online at Amazon.com)
- Essential oil such as lavender or peppermint
- Food coloring (optional)
- Baking molds
- Spray bottle/spritzer bottle
- Sift baking soda, cornstarch and citric acid into a large bowl, through a sieve to remove chunks. Stir well.
- Fill spray bottle with water and, if desired, food coloring to create different tints. You can use all one color or multiple colors, just put them each in a different bottle.
- Pour 1 cup of powdered mixture into a separate bowl. Spray small amount of water from your spray bottle into the powder and stir well. Repeat until the powder can be tightly packed and shaped (check with your fingers). Remember to stir after each spray. This may take quite a few sprays! Be patient and add water slowly so that the powder does not get too wet.
- Add 5-6 drops of essential oil and stir well.
- Firmly pack mixture into baking molds and let set for 2 hours.
- Pop out carefully and store in an airtight container. You can repeat the process with different tints. As you can see, our bright blue water produced very lightly tinted fizzies so you may need to experiment if you want the color to show up well.
Click here to purchase our snack pods, which were used to store the bath fizzies!